Sunday, February 24, 2008

Here I Go Again!!

Gee, this is a familiar ride. I seem to keep getting back on but this time I want to make it stick. I know it works. I always allow myself to fall off and things get worse than they ever were. I deleted my old diet blogs as I just could not make them work so what's the point in having the evidence there ;)

How am I going to make it work this time? I really think blogging about it will help. I have been pouring over some awesome low carb blogs and they have really inspired me. This one is the best: http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/ She posts the most awesome recipes!! I have made her oopsie rolls and they were wonderful! I was even able to use them for sandwiches. Shaylee seemed to enjoy them too, lol!! She created a pizza with a cauliflower crust that look amazing, even though it may sound gross. I hope she puts the recipe in her blog soon (she belongs to a LC message board I visit).

I started last Tuesday and I'm down 4lbs so far. I seem to lose less every time I restart, but I think getting older has a hand in that too. That's ok as I'm enjoying what I eat and know that I don't have to be deprived in anything. My body is doing some weird things right now including retaining a lot of water. I try to drink a lot and not have too much sodium, but it's hard.

I am going to start exercising this week. I have been really down about my gym closing and haven't been doing anything in it's place yet. I'm going to try Turbo Jam and if that is too hard for right now, I'm going to do the Walk Away the Pounds, my old standby. When the weather is decent, I'd like to hit the walking trail on the old rail road tracks again. I think the kids would enjoy it.

I am debating posting what I eat. It would mean accountability for me, but then again it would mean that I would have to be accountable ;). I would be scared I would scare away people with what I eat, lol!

I did have some low carb chocolate today. Maybe a little too much. It has a negative effect on the digestive system resulting in what felt like a tornado in my stomach. I've never heard my stomach make sounds like that before. I think I scared the kids, lol!

Well, it's super late. The Oscars just got over and I didn't pay much attention to them. We're not really into movies so it wasn't a big deal. But I'm tired and need my beauty sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment