Thursday, April 22, 2010

April Update

I know I haven't posted much lately. I think I've mentioned I haven't been low carbing..per say. I'm trying a more traditional foods way of eating and it is helping me. You can check out the Weston A. Price site for more information. I'm not perfect at it but learning.

I have mostly been just eating less and exercising more. I just do not have much of an appetite. I usually have a couple of small meals a day and have a banana or a half cup of blueberries and some sauerkraut for a snack, unless I have boiled eggs around. I also sometimes have a couple handfuls of chips or a little ice cream or some dark chocolate because I'm bad like that. A typical day of meals is like this:

Breakfast: two eggs fried in butter
Lunch: small salad with olive oil dressing, sometimes with protein, sometimes not
Supper: small portion of meat (3-6 oz depending on how hungry I am), 1/2 cup potato, a serving of another veggie (like a little pile of cucumbers, half cup cooked carrots or turnip or whatever)

I'm not trying to keep my calories low, it just seems to be happening. I'm eating when hungry but I just do not feel hungry very often. It is almost shocking to me.

I have been walking more, although it has been a little harder this past week (I'm going to the Dr. today to see about some problems I'm having, especially with anxiety and pain). I am finding I am really loving walking again. I like taking the kids out because they get exercise too, meaning they are a little less rambunctious around the apartment, lol!

The pay off is good though. I have lost nearly 20lbs so far this month. I am in shock that I am dropping nearly a pound a day! I am now at my lowest weight in about 8 years! I never got down to my prepregnancy weight with Ethan, my first child, who is turning 8 in two weeks. I got down to a little more than I am right now before I had Shaylee but I could never get below a certain point. I am just so excited to finally be losing!! Yahooo!

I am hoping I can keep up with this downward trend. I have so much weight to lose that it sometimes frustrates me and I get really depressed that I allowed myself to get so big. I do think a major component of my loss is being gluten free/grain free. I am not starch free or completely sugar free but since I"m in a good place with it, I will run with it. I'm not feeling deprived or hungry so I'll roll with it!

So there is my update :). I just hope I haven't jinxed it now, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment