Wow, I can't believe that I am down another 2lbs today! Whoo hoo!! That brings me to 23lbs lost. I don't know what I'm doing right. I thought I would go up since I'm eating a piece of that red velvet cake daily (I cut the piece in half so I can enjoy it twice :D ). I'm eating lots of fat, protein and good veggies plus cheese (I love the live active probiotic cheese! Oh and I love the new PC cottage cheese with Howaru probiotics. I like it on my salad instead of dressing). I eat an onion a day as well as some garlic. I'm drinking lots of water and now exercising each day. I guess it's all the right stuff right now :D
I forgot to mention one of my other favorite desserts. I like to make sugar free jello and at the stage where you add hot water, I add in about 2 ounces of cream cheese and let it melt and stir it really well. It doesn't dissolve totally. Then I add in the cold water, stir really good again and let chill. It makes the jello so nice and creamy, almost like a cheesecake dessert with a layer on top. Very yummy.
Oh yeah, I am getting 25lbs of local free range ground beef. We got it before and it is the best hamburger I have ever eaten! All the store stuff now tastes like garbage to me in comparison. I wish I could get more but there is a lot of demand. I still have some left from fall when I got it because I have been careful with it. I'd like to get a side or a quarter beef this fall, but Mark is hesitant to lay out the $$. I think it would be worth it.
Another noteworthy thing is Ethan ate.....
Salad! He is the pickiest kid I've ever known so that is a big step. Shaylee has wanted hamburger helper for a couple of weeks but no one else did so finally I made some (I just had a big salad with chicken). Ethan moaned and groaned about it and I told him he could have Hamburger Helper or salad. He chose the salad...and liked it! Now it was just iceburg but now Shaylee will eat just about any greens. I get the organic PC mixed greens all the time and she loves them as long as I pick out the red leaves. Last night she had arugula and tonight it was baby spinach. I let her choose and sometimes she will only eat the salad. Of course she has always been a better eater in general. Tonight her supper was all low carb. Ethan's would of been if he didn't have his hambuger on bread instead of bare like the rest of us ;)
So I have been thinking more about making this the way I eat always and working through the carb ladder better. I'm not doing atkins, but I can use that as a base of where I should be and what to add and cut out.
When I started, I was eating tons of chocolate (85% dark). I now don't crave it like I used to and a little will satisfy me. I imagine that will change when AF comes visiting.
Well, that's it for now. I hope I can continue losing and I'm sure I'll be back soon since I like talking about this and I don't really have anyone to share it with :-/
I'm with Shaylee, I hate those bitter red leaves! Blech! Michael likes a little parmesan sprinkled on romaine, he calls that his salad and gobbles it up! Free range beef sounds good, I hate store beef. Good going with the weight loss! Congrats.
ReplyDelete