Ah....I wish I could take a deep breath and all my problems disappear. It's really hard controlling myself not to eat while going through trials and hard times. I would really, really love for this to be a lazy Saturday but there is never rest for my mind and emotions.
Yesterday the boiled lunch was very yummy. I boiled the ham then added the vegetables to cook in the broth. I added whole potatoes (for the others), whole peeled carrots, a chopped up turnip, a small cabbage and a kohlrabi bulb (for me to have instead of the potato, but it was gross cooked like that). It was delicious! I only had a small plate and I couldn't even eat it all. Here's a pic:
For supper, I made homemade pizza for the kids and I had cauliflower crust pizza. I made and baked the crusts while I made the bread dough for their crust. On mine, I smeared a little greek yogurt "cream cheese", some pesto, a cut up loads of caprese chicken burger and topped with some grated cheese. I baked it long enough to melt the cheese. Oh wow, it was good. So tasty and filling! I have some crusts left so I'm sure I'll make it again soon.
Right now I have the roast beef in the crockpot. It's been cooking all morning and I just turned it off. I flipped it over as the top looked a little dry and I wanted it to sit in its juices for a while. I tasted a bit of the fat and swooned. It's been so long since having a good piece of beef, it's a real luxury.
I'm starting to go through the hungry all the time stage. I am quite fatigued but I think that's lack of sleep more than anything. I'm hoping to get through the first month as it's usually the hardest. After that, unless you cheat, you have the carbs and sugar out of your system and have adjusted.
Today's meal plan:
Breakfast: coffee (one black, one with cream), 1 hard boiled egg, 1 chicken burger patty slathered with mayo, 2 spoons cream cheese (breakfast and snacks; I was up early)
Lunch: Roast beef, green beans, a little buttercup squash, some sugar snap peas
Supper: Bacon and eggs, raw veggies (baby carrots, celery, sugar snap peas or whatever I pick at)
Yesterday the boiled lunch was very yummy. I boiled the ham then added the vegetables to cook in the broth. I added whole potatoes (for the others), whole peeled carrots, a chopped up turnip, a small cabbage and a kohlrabi bulb (for me to have instead of the potato, but it was gross cooked like that). It was delicious! I only had a small plate and I couldn't even eat it all. Here's a pic:
For supper, I made homemade pizza for the kids and I had cauliflower crust pizza. I made and baked the crusts while I made the bread dough for their crust. On mine, I smeared a little greek yogurt "cream cheese", some pesto, a cut up loads of caprese chicken burger and topped with some grated cheese. I baked it long enough to melt the cheese. Oh wow, it was good. So tasty and filling! I have some crusts left so I'm sure I'll make it again soon.
Right now I have the roast beef in the crockpot. It's been cooking all morning and I just turned it off. I flipped it over as the top looked a little dry and I wanted it to sit in its juices for a while. I tasted a bit of the fat and swooned. It's been so long since having a good piece of beef, it's a real luxury.
I'm starting to go through the hungry all the time stage. I am quite fatigued but I think that's lack of sleep more than anything. I'm hoping to get through the first month as it's usually the hardest. After that, unless you cheat, you have the carbs and sugar out of your system and have adjusted.
Today's meal plan:
Breakfast: coffee (one black, one with cream), 1 hard boiled egg, 1 chicken burger patty slathered with mayo, 2 spoons cream cheese (breakfast and snacks; I was up early)
Lunch: Roast beef, green beans, a little buttercup squash, some sugar snap peas
Supper: Bacon and eggs, raw veggies (baby carrots, celery, sugar snap peas or whatever I pick at)

No comments:
Post a Comment