Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Clothes

Today I am wearing a pair of capris that I was too fat for last year. Yay! I am the type of person who only wears dresses and skirts. I really hate having my legs surrounded with material and showing their true size so I like dresses/skirts. I even do yard work and dirty work in them. Recently I went to help a friend garden as a church activity and she was like "You plan to garden in a skirt?". MIL and I laughed and she said I do everything in a skirt ;). I find them more comfy and I tend to dress better in them. I used to save my capris for the gym but I think I may actually wear them this summer. I just need longer shirts to cover my belly :o

I have a gift card for Penningtons. I'm debating about just buying some flowing skirts with drawstring waists so I can wear them even when I do lose more weight. We may be taking our vacation next month and I need comfy clothes for the beach and getting around.

I made the chicken broccoli alfredo last night and it was soooo good! I cut up a bunch of broccoli and steamed with chicken broth. Then I grated in a couple of cloves of garlic and added the leftover chicken to heat through. Then I added half a jar of Alfredo sauce and let it heat through and sprinkled with a little Parmesan before serving. Yum! It was so good! I had the leftovers for breakfast as I didn't feel like making eggs (I had the top of the stove taken apart to clean it).

I set my alarm to get up at 6:30 am as I want to start walking before the family gets up but Shaylee was up at 6am. She still hasn't been feeling very good and was quite sick last night. I need to get a little more fit and build up some endurance.

Well, I want to get some prep work for the little garden I am planning. I think I will start some things inside but I need to accomplish the ever impossible task of dragging the kids out of the house.

Oh yeah, there is a really cool site called sugar stackers and they show the amount of sugar that is in food. I was showing it to the kids yesterday and it really made them aware of how much sugar there is in everything. I am really trying to get them to eat better, which is an uphill battle. Ethan is always hungry and Shaylee isn't because of her stomach and they both always want the bad stuff. It will be easier to work on it now than let it get really out of control. Shaylee is actually losing weight, which is good. She had gotten up to 70lbs but the doctor said not to worry about it. Now she is 60lbs which is still a lot for a 4 year old but she is very tall and carries it well.

I need to get some pictures in this blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment