Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Down!

Wow! I can't believe that I actually lost. Last night before I went to bed and I weighed the same as when I got up, which never happens. I usually fluctuate about 5lbs through the day. Then I woke up and I was down 2lbs, so a 47lbs weight loss for me, whoo hoo!

We had a change of plans for supper last night. Superstore had mussels on sale for 99 cents a pound so Mark and I split a 5lbs bag; yeah, we were stuffed after. Dipped in butter they are so yummy! I ate them a lot as a child as I'd pry them off the rocks at the beach. I also enjoyed clamming and tried to get crabs but wasn't as successful. Those little buggers move fast!

Oh and I thought I was having taco bake for lunch but I realized it was the white castle cheeseburger pie after I piled it up with salsa and hot banana peppers, lol! It was still good though. I guess I should label the things I freeze.

Mark and I went shopping last night. I had to laugh as I picked up a couple boxes of whole wheat Kraft Dinner on sale for 99 cents at Superstore and I thought about what I wrote about the prices of KD. Well, Walmart had it for 77 cents a box but I didn't get any. Shaylee wants it every day but I only make it occasionally. No one else here really cares for it and I can't have it. At least the whole wheat will be marginally better, but it's still fakey cheese.

It's amazing how one can go in a store with a few items on a list and come out with three big totes. Yes, I'm guilty. I find it so hard to restrain myself when shopping when there are so many good buys. I need to sit down and figure out how I can shop smarter. I mean we do really well for how much we spend but I know we can do better. Our grocery bills have gone up $100 a month each year for the past two years. Of course having growing kids with big appetites has something to do with that as well as the ever rising cost of food. We pay more for food than we do for housing and electricity :o. But we need all three.

It's expensive to meet your needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment