Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Creep

Something that needs to be addressed with low carbing is how easy it is to let creeping happen. What kind of creeps are we talking about?

Carb Creep.

It's so easy to get lax and assume we're on track but sometimes we don't realize just how much we're eating or how many carbs we are actually consuming. While I don't ascribe to a particular brand of low carbing, I know that if I am not careful, it is easy to go overboard. I am noticing that I can no longer eat as much dark chocolate as I could and I am consuming too much cheese.

Wah!!!

So I think for a while I am going to have to avoid chocolate and cut down on cheese a bit to see if I can push through to the next level. I realized I was having cheese at every meal plus I snack on it occasionally. I need to slow down. I should eat yogurt for dairy instead. I've been meaning to make some after a recent failed attempt but I never have fridge space. I think I am getting bloated from too much sodium as well. My feet are like sausages ready to pop from water retention. And loveliest of all, I'm starting to get the sore throat and icky sicky feeling DH has had. Hopefully it won't amount to much as I have a busy day tomorrow. I can't afford to stay in bed.

Oh and I got the form for subsidized YMCA membership. I will bring it in when DS has his swimming lesson next week. They have tons more equipment and I have a feeling some of the stuff I remember is gone, ie the racquetball as there is a workout room where it used to be. Oh well. I'm sure they have tons of great stuff :). I really need to lose my self consciousness over it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment