Sunday, November 22, 2009

Celestial Seasonings

We don't drink regular tea but herbal tea is a staple in our home. It can be very cheap if you watch the sales and use coupons. Sometimes the Health Food Store has samples. It is naturally low carb, especially if you don't add anything to sweeten it. Then if you do like a little sweetness to it, you are free to control it and what you put in it.

One brand we really like is Celestial Seasonings. They consistently have good teas and such a wide variety. We don't have access to all the flavors in Canada but I'm starting to think that isn't such a bad thing.

I have been on the hunt for their Sugar Cookie tea for years (well, ever since I heard about it on some low carb message boards; it just sounds so yummy good!). I would always look at the herbal teas, well, not just for this but any new interesting herbal tea flavors. I recently found out it was one of their holiday flavors. All the Christmas teas are out and again it is not among them. I also recently found out this particular tea has gluten in it. Yikes! Gluten in herbal tea? I guess gluten can be anywhere. There are a number of Celestial Seasonings teas that contain gluten.

http://www.celestialseasonings.com is really good about listing if their items have gluten in them. Definitely check if there is one you like and are unsure about. Then you can enjoy a nice warm mug of tea with no worries :)

No comments:

Post a Comment