I have been giving this some thought. I am commited to gluten free and I'm getting there with low carb. I need to do something. Today is the first day I have had any energy, however minute it is, in ages. I'm still not to the point where I feel like going for a walk or doing a mad cleaning of the basement or anything, but I don't feel like I have to lie in bed all day (although a nap sounds good, lol!). Some of it is long recovery from the flu. Was it H1N1? I don't know. We're not getting the vax, probably much to the horror of people who know us IRL.
I think I am going to call this my Low Carb Gluten Free blog. It will be where I discuss low carbing and eating gluten free. I hate filling my family blog with this and it doesn't really fit with my simple living one so rather than not blog because I can't decide where things go in regards to gluten free living, I will put it here. Food with food :). I hope to also delve into Traditional Foods/Eating as I learn more.
Today I am baking a ton of pumpkins plus a winter squash and a sweet potato. I lost half my pumpkin seeds down the drain when I was rinsing them after soaking, boo hoo! The remainder is roasting with some Himalayan salt. I also baked the kids cookies. I find when I make things with flour, I get sick so I bought some of the premade, cut out dough (half off) since I don't want to totally deprive them. I am going to look into getting a dust mask so I can make them things without worrying about getting sick breathing in the flour.
With my baked pumpkin I am going to make curried pumpkin coconut soup. It is my favorite! I am making a ton in case I get sick so I can have something to easily heat up. I usually make it with sausage but I will omit that. I have 4L of ham bone broth I made up. It should be really good!
I am getting in a snack rut already. I have been opening the fridge every 15-20 minutes even though I already know every single thing that is in there, lol! I need more things on hand to snack on, things that appeal to me. That can be tricky.
I am down another few pounds, so down 13 in the past month and a half. That is one month of eating terribly and 2 of working through things. I think that now I am back on track, I will start seeing more steady loss. This is for life!
No comments:
Post a Comment