
I had a good cooking day the other day. I made a large Taco Bake, 3 ham & cheese crustless quiche, 4 chicken quiche and 3 white castle hamburger pies. Cooking a lot of things at once saves time, money, ingredients and it is so nice to have something you can just heat up.
I have probably shared the white castle pie recipe here before. I love it so much! The rest were based on other recipes but really, I just kind of threw everything together.
In a big pot, I browned a large pack of hamburger, probably about 3-4lbs worth. While I did that, I chopped up a few large onions, a red and a green pepper. I also grated a block of cheese (600g, I think is how big it was, but I also grated some off another block plus I used mozza for the chicken quiche). In the food processor, I mixed 1/3 block of philly cream cheese, half a dozen eggs and half a cup of yogurt. I poured this in a 9x13 pan and baked at 350 about 10-15 minutes. I filled small loaf pans half full with ground beef mixed with a couple teaspoons of onion soup mix and covered with a layer of grated cheese. I covered the bottoms of the pie pans with a blend of the onions and peppers then covered with grated cheese then the meat (I used canned ham and leftover chicken breasts chopped up). For the quiche, I just mixed about half a dozen eggs for each pie pan. For the taco bake, I left the fat in the pot and mixed it with a can of tomato paste (if you drain it, you can add a can of chopped tomatoes). I added in the remaining chopped veggies then I spread it over the base. I covered it with grated cheese. For the white castle pies (loaves I guess, lol!), I blended half a block of cream cheese, a dozen eggs and a cup of yogurt, which I poured over the hamburger base. I sprinkled on the remaining cheese.
Each pan was baked until the egg was set, cooled then cut into serving sizes for the freezer, except the white castle pies, which I just wrapped in the pans. It took less than an hour of prep work and I was finished in less than two hours. I probably could of made a lot more but I didn't have enough pans, lol!
Taco Bake: Super yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment