Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Shopping Trip

We just got back from being out. What torture, going to Pizza Delight and not being able to eat anything. There was nothing at all that I felt comfortable eating except a salad which cost $10 and the dressing was questionable (I'm cheap; I couldn't pay $10 for a salad that would cost less than $1 at home). The rest of the family enjoyed it, except my 5yoDD who is feeling under the weather.

We stopped at Sobeys to pick up a few things. The kids really like fruit so I had to get some but there were a lot of good buys. Here is what I got:

5lbs Mac apples (2.99)
2.5lbs Granny Smith apples (88 cents/lbs)
3lbs oranges (88 cents/lbs)
2lbs zucchini (99 cents/lbs)
2lbs eggplant (99 cents/lbs; I want to make ratatouille soon)
1 tub ricotta cheese (1.99)
small slab of emmental ("swiss") cheese (1.89)
6 big packages of turkey wings (1.79/lbs; where I live, turkey in any shape or form rarely goes under $2.00/lbs)
1 jar of fermented pickles (2.25; they were half off! I was so excited :D )
2 bags of marshmallows :o (1.19, for Christmas baking)
bag of mini carrots (1.27)

This came to about $33, which was pretty good IMO for 3 huge cloth shopping bags of groceries! (It seems like we had more than that but I don't have the slip handy to see what I'm forgetting. The turkey alone filled one bag). Where I live groceries are pretty expensive and everything I got today was half off or less (except the baby carrots and marshmallows). I get so jealous reading about the Americans and their 40 cents a pound or cheaper turkeys, which is all they seem to be talking about lately!

I recently bought a skirt at Frenchy's. I would say it was second hand except it still had the tags on it. A $45 skirt for $3.50! Well, it's falling off me already! Several times while wearing it I have had to pull it up as it droops down or slips down while I am walking. I am really slimming down. A lot of my tops are getting too baggy at the top, which sucks because I need them big to fit my bat winged arms. I am losing in weird places that make it hard to wear smaller clothes, not that I can afford to buy them. I have a tote of clothes I want to fit into but I need to lose another 25-50lbs first. I will get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment