Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chocolate Cupcake Perfection



I am a self confessed choco-holic. I often ruin my plan with chocolate, although I have sucessfully eaten much chocolate in the past while losing weight. Today we were shopping and I blew it with chcolate. My weakness is dark chocolate but I cannot afford the really good chocolate in the quantities that I would like to consume it in.
I have been known to buy 25 bars of chocolate at Dollarama when they have good dark chocolate in the big bars :)

I have made chocolate concoctions that never really turned out. Coconut milk mixed with cocoa and some sweetner does hit the spot, but it too can get a little pricey. Plus sometimes you just want a baked goodie.

Voila!

I came across these last night and I had to make them. They are coconut flour chocolate cupcakes and I found the recipe at Elana's Gluten-Free pantry. It is perfect! It takes a small quantity of ingredients and it makes enough so if you eat the whole batch, you don't feel bad. The recipe said it would make 10 but it only made 7 for me. I probably could of made 10 if I realized they really were going to rise but they would of been puny. They are super yummy, even without frosting! I am planning on mixing little baggies of the dry ingredients to have on hand to make quick batches of cupcakes.

So without further ado, here is the recipe:

Chocolate Cupcakes
¼ cup coconut flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
3 eggs
¼ cup oil (I used olive but whatever you prefer)
½ cup equivalent sweetener (I used a combination of stevia and, xylitol plus a splash of splenda since I need to get it used up)

Mix together dry ingredients
Blend dry ingredients into wet thoroughly
Line a cupcake tin with paper liners and scoop a scant 1/4 cup into each
Bake at 375° for 20-22 minute.
Cool and cover with frosting (if desired) and serve.






Yum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment